We appreciate nature as we maintain it since we know
"Cleanliness is next to Godliness and as a school we value our environment for a brighter future."
There are a number of important reasons for having a strong Environment Club.
- The club should be run in the same style as an adult club and run with a business like attitude. This will give students the opportunity to develop a number a personal and business skills.
- The club can be a monitoring group for ALL of the schools environmental/sustainability activities. (Monitoring and developing reports, planning and implementing activities; assisting staff in monitoring related programmes and holding regular meetings. This will take a great deal of the day to day pressure for running these activities off the staff of the school.)
- It is a wonderful way for the young people to develop a sense of ownership, school pride, adding to the community spirit.
- It gives students a real sense of responsibility for their place of learning.
- It helps students develop their personal skills such as communication (verbal and written), as they will have to write and present reports. They will have to work with a number of adults such as parents and staff as well as people from outside organisations. Through these activities they will become more articulate, more confident, more creative and develop a sense of purpose as they are able to develop their ideas into practical activities for the club and the school.